he villa is one of the remaining samples of bourgeois residences in Eclectistic style, which were constructed in the eastern expansion of Thessaloniki by wealthy citizens of various nationalities (Greeks, Hebrews, Turks, Armenians). This area was known as 'Hamidiye' or 'Towers district', due to littoral castle-style villas surrounded by big verdurous yards. The villa was constructed in 1905-1906 by the architect Eli Modiano, who added a touch of Art Nouveau -the new artistic wave that he discovered during his studies in Paris at the end of the 19th century- to the Eclectistic style mainly at the gratings and metallic leafs of the main entrance.
The configuration of the facades follows the typical division 'base-stem-head', with heavy and irregular stone walls at the semi-basement, a lighter elaboration with plastered surfaces, obvious bricks with big gaps at the stem, in other words at the two main floors and the mansard roof with scaled tiles and dormer windows at the head. These are the four levels of the building, covering a total surface area of 1200 sq. m. Each one has a big central octagonal area, around which the villa?s rooms are asymmetrically organized. This asymmetry, which is also obvious at the facades, is a characteristic of the eclectistic and pittoresque style of these villas. A deep, two-storey balcony creates a curving effect to the southwest corner of the building with pillars and ellipsoid arches at the perimeter. This two-storey loggia with a view to the sea from west and the Olympus crest from south, was distinguishing the Modiano villa from the others of the region.