The museum houses about 7.000 findings, coming mostly from recent excavations in Arcadia. It is administrative centre of the archaeological services of the prefecture and it also has a cultural and educational role.
The museum contains the following collections:
- Prehistoric collections (Neolithic-Mycenaean),
- Findings from the Mycenaean cemetery of Palaiokastro Gortynias,
- Vases of Geometric and Archaic date from Mantineia and Megalopoli,
- Vases of Hellenistic and Roman date from Kynouria and Megalopoli,
- Sculptures of Archaic and Classical date from Asea and Mantineia,
- Sculptures of Hellenistic and Roman date from Eva Kynourias, Mantineia and Tegea,
- Classical - Hellenistic (Pottery - Figurines - Glass): 5th-2nd century BC,
- Classical - Hellenistic (Metal objects - tomb types - child toys): 5th - 2nd century BC,
- Inscriptions of Classical and Roman date from various sites in Arcadia,
- Various categories of votive offerings from sanctuaries in Arcadia,
- Bronze vessels and weapons of classical, Hellenistic and Roman date from Megalopolis and Arcadic Orchomenos.