© Ministry of Culture and Sports
Inside view of the Church
The church of St George (Agios Georgios) at Anemotia in the province of Methymna is situated in the lower part of the settlement. It is a small building with a tiled couple roof and, according to its inscription plate, it was built in 1702. The iconography of its wall paintings deviates from the established iconographical conventions. The circle of St. George's martyrdom as well as the scenes of Apocalypse are of particular interest.
Athena - Christina Loupou, Archaeologist