It belongs to a Minoan settlement and is the largest of the three excavated houses. It has a monumental entrance with two pillars in the middle of the east side. The southern part contains a hall with a polythyron (pier-and-door partition), a pillar crypt and a lustral basin, while the rooms of the northern part were employed for storage. Several sections of the paved floor have been uncovered.
House A was built in the 16th-15th century B.C., was enlarged in the LM II period (15th-14th century B.C.) and finally destroyed by fire. Much later buildings were found in the upper strata during the excavations.
Tylissos was excavated in 1902-1913 by Joseph Chatzidakis.