DESCRIPTION
INFORMATION
PHOTOGALLERY
 
 
© Ministry of Culture and Sports

Three-aisled, wooden-roofed basilica, founded in the 14th century and dedicated to Christ, the Wisdom and the Word of God. The north and south walls of the church were repaired in the middle of the 17th century, while the narthex is a much later construction, added in the 1920's. Parts of wall paintings are preserved on the bema, on the walls over the colonnades, on the soffits of the arches, and on the pillars. The earlier wall paintings are dated to ca. 1380. Very impressive is the carved wooden iconostasis, dated to the middle of the 18th century.
Author
Ioanna Pesiridou, archaeologist