This tile-covered building -on a level with the ground from one side and two-stories-high on the side of the Plains- has got openings that are symmetrically formatted on the outside. Morphologically influenced by the neoclassical architectural school (pseudo-pilasters, frames of openings, curved eaves, etc.), the edifice is in fact a rectangular undivided structure that is interrupted only by two rows of wooden pillars.

The year of construction (1877) is inscribed on the founding-plate, above the main entrance slate, that reads: "The Greek Orthodox public of the town of Edessa, helped by art-loving foreigners, raised this edifice of the Muses for the enlightenment of the Edessaen daughters, in the month of April of the year 1877 of our Lord".