It is a building of rectangular profile with a firm symmetry at the openings on both floors. Great emphasis is given to the main entrance?s decorations of stone-made neoclassical elements (pediments, columns, lintels, etc.). Particularly interesting is also the big wooden staircase inside.
The building is located inside the city?s historical center. Its construction was financed by the local benefactor, Z.Vournazos, but the architect?s name remains unknown. The construction was completed in 1899 and since the building was inaugurated it has been serving as a school.