About two kilometers west of Prosotsani, quite close to the banks of the river Aggitis, there is the small church of Agios Panteleimonas. In its current state it is a composition of remnants of a Byzantine temple, with additions and extensions of the 20th century. West of the church, the ruins of a probably Byzantine building of unknown use are preserved, perhaps of a tower. Agios Panteleimonas belongs to the cross-in-square church-contracted type, and was built with pebbles from the area, bricks and tiles of secondary use, according to the pseudo-cloisonne masonry system. Both the rich ceramoplastic decoration on the external facades of the monument and other morphological features, such as the mixed double arc of alternating elements, bricks and voussoirs in the arch of the northern cross arm, lead to date the monument in the first decades of the 14th century, and link the architecture of Agios Panteleimon with the conquests of Constantinople and Thessaloniki during the same period. This dating also strengthens a document of the year 1316 from the monastery of Megisti Lavra, which mentions, among others, the Metochion the chosen of Agios Panteleimonas, the one close to Panakos. The Byzantine temple possessed frescoes, as the colors under the lime testify, while its sculptural decoration would be rather frugal. Around Agios Panteleimonas a small settlement must have been developed which was preserved for at least 250 years, according to the Ottoman records of the 15th and 16th centuries of the settlement of Agios Panteleimonas near Prosotsani.