Church of Taxiarches in Messaria, Andros, belongs to cross-in-square church two columned type, with dome, narthex and three-sided apse. According to an inscription, it is dated on 1158 by emperor Manuel Komnenos and the founders are Constantine Monastiriotis and his wife Irene Prasini.
It is built with cloisonne masonry except its lower parts. Its frescoes date back to the 12th century. The church underwent extensive interior and exterior repair work, which was completed in 1775 due to the inscription in the southern doorway. The templon, in the place of the original marble, can be dated back to 1775 and preserves elements of Baroque decoration.
The monument has been restored during the 3rd Community Support Framework, while the great Byzantine frescoes that adorn the interior were unveiled by the Ephorate of Antiquities of Cyclades.