It is situated at Epano Skala, the old Turkish quarter of the city. The inscription plate mentions that the mosque was built in 1615 and thus it constitutes one of the oldest Islamic temples in Mytilene. It is built with stones and has one storey. A marble staircase (with three steps) led to the front yard that was paved with stones. In the middle of the front yard there was a multilateral fountain made of white marble and decorated with engraved arabesques.
In its interior, the roof bore colourful decoration, which -after the Turks withdrawal - was covered with brown colour. The ornamentation of Mihrab (almost 6 m high) was made of plaster.