© Ministry of Culture and Sports, © 11th Ephorate of Byzantine Antiquities
The south and west sides of the church
The church of St.Nikolaos in Perivoli was built as a Katholicon of a monastery probably in 1803. It's an athonite type of triconch cross-in-square with a dome and narthex. The eastern arm of the cross is lengthened and covers the sanctuary. The corner compartments are vaulted. The sanctuary ends in an apse which is semi-circular in the interior and has seven shallow conches in the exterior. The masonry of the church is carefully built of rough and rectangular stones.

The temple is in relief and decorated with floral and animal ornaments and also scenes from the Dodecaorton and Passion of Christ.The portable icons of the church must be painted probably in 1806.

In 1997 the roof and a part of the masonry of the church collapsed. Guring the years 1998-2000, a restoration of the masonry was carried out.
Agathoniki Tsilipakou, archaeologist