The two-storied eclectic style building with the profound neoclassical elements, was built in 1900 by the City which financed it to house its offices.

The old Municipality building, located at the city?s quay, housed the city?s services for many years. Today, the first floor hosts the City Council Assembly and a ceremonial hall, while the ground-floor houses the Library and halls for some of the City?s cultural activities.