The Oil-Press of Agia Paraskevi is a complex of stone-built buildings that serves as a characteristic sample of exceptional industrial architecture of the early 20th century (1910) on the island.
Initially, it had been operating as an industrial complex (oil-press and corn-mill) and later on, until 1967, it ran as a community business.
In 1984, with the support of the Prefecture of Lesvos, it was restored and transformed into a cultural center. The central building was turned into a multi-cultural hall with a 400-seats capacity, the oil storehouses were converted to a Folk-Art Museum while the 11 olives? storehouses were transformed into modern guest-houses.