An exquisite example of the Neoclassical arcitecture during the last decades of the Turkish occupation. It was built in the suberb of Chalepa and is one of the most important buildings of Chania. Built as a typical villa, the house is distinguished by its elegance, the well-balanced volumes and the simplicity of the form. Of special interest is the main entrance opening to the courtyard, with the marble staircase and the porch, as well as the interior decoration of the building.
The building was constructed in 1860 and from 1965 onwards it became the centre of social and philanthropic activity in Crete during the last years of the Turkish occupation and the Harmosteia on the island. It has been proteced by a preservation order.