Luxurious house, two storeys high, at the site called Palaiochora (Amnisos). It is built of large poros blocks and has the structure of a typical Minoan villa, comprising a hall with polythyra (pier-and-door partitions), a bath, staircases and roofed rooms, paved with flagstones. It was named after the splendid frescoes which decorate the interior walls, depicting blossomed lilies and floral patterns.
The villa was most probably built in the MM IIIA period (17th century B.C.) and, according to the excavator, was destroyed in 1500 B.C. by an earthquake or a tidal wave. The monument suffered damages by the German soldiers, during World War II.
It was excavated in 1932 by Professor Spyridon Marinatos.