Within the area of the "Towers", where the mansions that started being built at the end of the 19th century stretch between the White Tower and Villa Allattini, Casa Bianca dominates with the eclectic style of its morphologic elements and its Art-Nouveaux form. It develops on two levels, with an elevated basement and an attic, and has a characteristic asymmetric ground-plan.
According to the findings produced during the restoration works on the monument, it was built between 1911 and 1913 on plans and designs drawn by the Italian architect Pietro Arrigoni, well-known from his numerous works in Thessaloniki.
Dino Fernandez-Diaz, a Jew of Spanish origin, purchased the plot for his Swiss wife, Blanche. The Fernandez family was a key player in the business life of that era. The mansion was erected according to designs by Pierro Arrigoni. It came to be known as Casa Bianca from the name of his wife. Despite its eclectic temperament, it is mostly an Art Nouveau building and is one of the best known mansions of the city, both for its architecture and for a romantic story: the romance between the daughter of the family, Alina, and Second Lieutenant Alibertis, at a time when the difference between social classes and religious belief was a deterrent. It currently belongs to the Municipality and houses the Municipal Art Gallery.