DESCRIPTION
THE ARCHAEOLOGICAL SITE
INFORMATION
PHOTOGALLERY
 

 
Sanctuary of Zeus at Nemea
The first, small-scale excavations were carried out in 1766 by the mission of the Dilettanti and were continued in 1884-1912 by the French School of Archaeology at Athens. Between 1924 and 1926, investigations on the site were undertaken by the Americal School of Classical Studies, with the excavations of the Sanctuary and the hill of Tsoungiza by H. Hill and C. Blegen. Following a long interruption, C. Williams, brought to light in 1964 part of the "Oikoi-Treasuries", of the hostel and a kiln. Extensive ...
visit the archaeological site