© Ministry of Culture and Sports

Castle built on high ground within the modern village of Kremasti 13 km distant from the town of Rhodes on the west coast of the island. It resembles more a keep than a castle. Of square plan, it covers an area of 400 square metres and has a perimeter of 80 metres. The only entrance was on the north side. In 1914 G. Gerola saw there the arms of grand master F. del Carretto (1513-1521) and of the Order of St. John. The castle was a control point and in the line of sight of Phileremos castle. A document of 1479 the inhabitants of the villages of Trianda and Kremasti were to seek shelter in their own castles in case of need. Other Hospitaller documents show that the village of Kremasti was a castellany.