08:00 – 18:00 (last admission: 17:40)
(Opening hours valid from October 16th to October 31st, 2020)
Safety instructions and necessary precautions for visitors of the archaeological site of the Ancient Agora of Athens, due to the COVID 19 pandemic:
- The maximum number of visitors in the archaeological site at any given time must not exceed 2500 individuals.
- The course of the visit may be modified and special restrictions may be imposed due to current circumstances. Visitors must always adhere to the guidelines of the guards of the site.
Due to the current state of Covid-19 outbreak in the regional unit of the Central Sector of Athens, where the epidemiological level has risen to 3 (i.e. increased surveillance), new measures enter into force, in accordance with the provisions of the new Joint Ministerial Decision (Government Gazette 4484/B/11-10-2020):
A. Archaeological sites (Open-air)
— one and a half (1,5) meter distance
— obligatory use of masks for tourist-guides and employees
B. Indoor museums
— A distance of 2,00m. minimum should be maintained by visitors at all times
— one (1) person per 20 sq.m.
— ban on group tours
— obligatory use of masks for all
We would like to point out that the above protection measures enforced in order to limit the spread of the Covid-19 pandemic are under continuous reassessment and updating in accordance with the instructions of the National Public Health Organization (NPHO).
- In queues a distance of 1.5 meters between visitors should be maintained at all times.
- Frequent use of an antiseptic solution containing no less than 70% alcohol is strongly advised.
- Use of electronic tickets is recommended
- Payment by electronic means and cards should be preferred over bank notes whenever possible.
Guided Group visits
- Maximum number of visitors per guided tour group: nine (9). Participants should keep a distance of 1.5 m from each other at all times.
- In case of guided tour groups of 4 individuals or more, the guide should inform the participants of all the precautionary measures in effect, accompany them throughout their visit until they exit the site and observe that they follow all safety measures and precautions
- Tour guides should always adhere to the guidelines given by the guards of the site.
- The use of electronic wireless tour guide systems (such as wireless microphone and earphones) is mandatory for all members of guided groups.
- Visit of the colonnaded walkways of the Stoa of Attalos is permitted for two guided groups at a time. The stay time for each guided group should not exceed 30 minutes
- Maximum number of visitors inside the Museum at one time: 25
- Frequent use of antiseptic hydroalcoholic gel containing no less than 70% alcohol is strongly recommended before entering the Museum
Organized visits –Tour guides
- Group visits to the Museum are for the time being banned according to a new Joint Ministerial Decision (Government Gazette 4484/B/11-10-2020)
The same rules apply when visiting the Church of the Holy Apostles