© 6th Ephorate of Prehistoric and Classical Antiquities
Findings of the Early Helladic period ( Case 4)
The Archaeological Museum of Aigion housed in the old Municipal Agora of Aigion, attributed to the German architect E. Ziller and was built in 1890. The building is magnificent architecture and includes a large central atrium flanked by shops of Agora. Since 1983 the Ministry of Culture has allocated for the establishment of the Museum.

The museum was opened in 1994. After the earthquake in Aigion in 1995, the building and part of the findings were damaged. It reopened in 1999 after repairing the damage. Today in the museum's atrium take place cultural events.
Efi Saranti, archaeologist
Mythological / Historic Persons
Ĉiller Ernest
Ĉiller Ernest