The Archaeological Collection has been housed in a historical building with many structural phases: it was originally built as a Muslim mosque during the Turkish occupation (16th century), was reformed into a public building during the second Venetian occupation (1690-1713), and operated as a prison and coffee shop after the Liberation. With the housing of the Archaeological Collection a new phase in its history begins.