The Folklore Museum of Kymi was founded in 1981 by the Cultural Association of Kymi. It is the largest and best-organized folklore museum in Euboea and one of the best regional museums of its kind in Greece. In addition it also presents the history of the town.
It is housed in its own three-storey neoclassical building of the late 19th century in the centre of the town, a former property of the National Bank of Greece, which was its local branch for a number of years.
The nearly 1600 items of the collection of the museum were donated by the inhabitants of Kymi who have supported all the stages of the establishment and operation of the Museum.