08:00 18:00 (last admission: 17:40)
(Opening hours valid from October 16th to October 31st, 2020)
Safety instructions and necessary precautions for visitors of the Archaeological Site of the Roman Agora of Athens during COVID 19 Pandemic:
- The maximum number of visitors in the archaeological site at any given time must not exceed 200 individuals
Due to the current state of Covid-19 outbreak in the regional unit of the Central Sector of Athens, where the epidemiological level has risen to 3 (i.e. increased surveillance), new measures enter into force, in accordance with the provisions of the new Joint Ministerial Decision (Government Gazette 4484/B/11-10-2020):
A. Archaeological sites (Open-air)
one and a half (1,5) meter distance
obligatory use of masks for tourist-guides and employees
B. Indoor museums
A distance of 2,00m. minimum should be maintained by visitors at all times
one (1) person per 20 sq.m.
ban on group tours
obligatory use of masks for all
We would like to point out that the above protection measures enforced in order to limit the spread of the Covid-19 pandemic are under continuous reassessment and updating in accordance with the instructions of the National Public Health Organization (NPHO).
- Specific spots have been marked on the ground for visitors to stand on in order to maintain appropriate distances.
- Entrance to the Site should take place along the right corridor while exit along the left corridor of the Gate.
- The course of the visit may be modified and special restrictions may be imposed without previous warning, for the safety of personnel and visitors. Visitors should always follow the instructions given by the guards of the Site.
- Visitors should keep a distance of 1.5 meter at all times, especially when queuing.
- Frequent use of an antiseptic solution containing no less than 70% alcohol is strongly advised
- Payment by electronic means and cards should be preferred over bank notes whenever possible
Guided group visits
- Maximum number of visitors per guided tour group : nine (9) people, including the tour guide. Α maximum of two guided groups per hour will be permitted to remain simultaneously in the archaeological site.
- In case of guided tour groups of 4 individuals or more, the guide should inform the participants of all the precautionary measures in effect, accompany them throughout their visit until they exit the site and observe that they follow all safety measures and precautions.
- The use of electronic devices facilitating the guided tour (wireless microphone and earbuds) is mandatory for all members of guided groups.
- In case visitors wish to visit the WC of the site, their guide should inform the cashier in order to regulate the entrance effectively.
Social distancing rules and preventive measures must be respected when visiting the Fetiye Mosque:
- Visitors must keep a safety distance of at least 2m.
- Maximum number of visitors inside the monument at one time: 25
- Face masks are mandatory for all visitors inside the monument
- Frequent use of antiseptic hydroalcoholic gel containing no less than 70% alcohol is strongly recommended before entering the monument
Organized visits Tour guides
- Group visits are banned according to the new Joint Ministerial Decision (Government Gazette 4484/B/11-10-2020)
- For the time being the Horologion of Andronicus Kyrrhestus will remain closed to the public.