08:00-20:00 (last admission: 19:45)
IMPORTANT NOTICE: On Wednesday 8th of July 2020, the archaeological site of the Olympieio will remain open until 17:00 due to technical reasons.
Reopening of all archaeological sites as of Monday, May 18th.
The Parilissia archaeological site remains closed due to technical reasons.
Safety Instructions for the Archaeological site of Olympeion during COVID-19 PANDEMIC:
• Maximum number of visitors in the archaeological site: 800
• Visitors must keep a safety distance of at least 1,5m. between them
• Visitors are requested to follow the instructions of the authorized personnel of the site.
• Maximum number of visitors in the museum shop: 1
• Use of protective face masks as well as frequent use of alcohol antiseptic solution containing minimum 70% ethyl alcohol are strongly recommended.
• Purchase of on-line tickets is strongly recommended. Please pay with a credit/debit card and not with banknotes.
Guided Group visits
• Maximum number of participants : 15
• In case of organized visits, over 4 people, the tour guide should enter the site with the group and should inform the group on the preventive measures against the spread of respiratory viruses. Guides are personally responsible for the strict compliance with the measures until the group leaves the site.
• Tour guides should accompany visitors throughout their visit.
• Tour guides must wear non-medical face masks throughout the tour.
• Use of electronic devices facilitating the guided tour (wireless microphone, ear buds) is obligatory in order to ensure that distances are kept.