08:00-20:00 (last admission: 19:30)
Reopening of all archaeological sites as of Monday, May 18th.
Most part of the archeological site of the North Slope of the Acropolis of Athens will remain closed to the public due to works in progress regarding the replacement of the elevator for people with disabilities. Only the western part of the North Slope Walk will be accessible to visitors, but there will be restrictions according to the progress of the works
Safety instructions and necessary precautions for visitors of the archaeological site of the Acropolis and its Slopes, due to the COVID 19 pandemic:
- The maximum number of visitors in the archaeological site at any given time must not exceed 2200 individuals (Acropolis and Slopes).
- The course of the visit may be modified and special restrictions may be imposed due to the circumstances. The visitors must always adhere to the guidelines of the guards of the site.
- A distance of 1,5m. minimum should be maintained by visitors at all times as a precautionary measure, especially when queuing
- Non-medical protective face masks and frequent use of an antiseptic solution containing no less than 70% alcohol are strongly advised.
- Payment by electronic means and cards should be preferred over cash whenever possible.
Group visits –guided tours
- Maximum number of visitors per guided tour group: 15 persons
- In case of guided tour groups of 4 visitors or more, the guide should inform the participants of all the precautionary measures in effect, accompany them throughout their visit until they exit the site and observe that they follow all safety measures and precautions.
- Tour guides are obliged to wear a non-medical face mask during the guided tour.
- The use of a wireless tourguide system is obligatory for all members of the group.